Monday, September 24, 2012

Life update...hold onto your seats

Okay so I haven't written an update in about 5 months! Wow...I cant believe it has been that long. I have been so busy with wedding planning and crafting that I just found myself having no motivation to update the blog. 
First, I'll quickly fill you in on the big happenings in my life over the past 5 months. 
In July,  I begged and begged until I got my own way (like usual) and we adopted a second dog. Her name is Kota (after the Lakota helicopter) so fitting, I know. She is about 10 months old now and is a Golden Pyrenees. She is an absolute sweetheart and although having the two dogs in our small townhouse at times makes me want to tear all my hair out, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Kota on the left, Dunkin on the right
yes...she has a mustache. We call her Mrs. Mustacheo...well I call her that sometimes

  
Also in July, I turned 23, which is scary in itself...never mind the fact that I cant ever remember  that I am now 23 years old. I still say I am 21..not even on purpose. I have started to not get ID'd at restaurants and even on one occasion, getting wine in the grocery store! Hello old age...next stop wrinkle cream.

Birthday Shot!


hmm what else? We are currently in the BWS phase of flight school for Grant and have about 3 weeks left until we find out what helicopter he will be flying for the Army. About 3ish weeks after that we will finally find out what post we will be living at next. Rooting for Ft Bragg so I can be living next door to my favorite Army wife and we can finally be reunited. Praying that we will be out of Alabama and back to civilization in about 6 months. 

Wedding planning is absolutely insane and even more crazy trying to do it from across the country! Thank god I have my family and friends helping me back home. Honestly...I am so done with wedding planning and crafting and just thinking about the wedding. I can totally see why people just elope or go to the courthouse. If you are against people eloping or courthouse weddings... just wait until you have to plan a wedding. It can change your mind...trust me. We are 88 days away from the wedding and it cant come fast enough. Don't get me wrong...it will be an AMAZING wedding and I cannot wait to be married, its just the planning that's killing me. 

What I really can't wait for is my bachelorette party in Atlantic City with my girls. Umm hello blackouts, strippers, and bad decisions...I mean tea parties, movies, and dinner dates. 

I think that's about it with my life update so far. Hopefully I can start being better about my posts. I know I want to start posting my wedding crafts and even sharing how I made them soon so keep checking back.

Until then!


No comments:

Post a Comment