Well after pacing back and forth driving myself crazy sitting in front of the clock...Sunday at 11:30 finally came and it was time to go pick Grant up! I surprised him by going on post to meet him instead of waiting at home for him and missed an opportunity to get flowers but that's okay with me if I got to see him 25 minutes earlier! I am seriously the happiest girl in the world and I can only describe the moment as an out of body experience, finally getting to give him a hug and a kiss! I wish I wasn't sitting at work right now and could be home spending time with him. Other than the hideous mustache he came home with... he is doing so much better than I could have ever imagined. I realize now that I let my imagination get the best of me in what to expect when he got home..which is definitely a good thing because I was having some crazy thoughts. He lost about 12lbs which is NOT okay because he is now almost in the same weight range as me...give or take 15lbs, but still! I need to fatten this boy up!
Dunkin was so excited to see him, which I was nervous if he would remember him or not since we only had him for about 2 weeks before Grant left. He was wiggling his whole butt his tail was wagging so much! We are both very happy to have him back and we used the new grill for the first time last night to make grilled pizza and had the icecream cake I made for him as well! We were both so full and let me tell you that:
ice cream+greasy pizza+lactose intolerance+no gall bladder=unhappy tummy! :(
So worth it though! :)
Cant wait to be done with this full day of work and go home to spend more time together!
Here is the video of Dunkin and Grant getting to see each other for the first time. Please excuse my high pitched voice...I was very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment