Friday, January 27, 2012

I have been shut off from shopping!

So its day 3 here in Alabama. Grant made the mistake of giving me his credit card to do some shopping :) I didn't really think I did bad...I got all things that we needed but then I was shown the monthly spreadsheet and I don't think I will be allowed to do any decorative shopping for a little while (at least until next month ;p).
I have been doing some of my DIY projects to save some money. My mom and Corey helped a ton by raking out the whole back yard and pulling all the weeds...it doesn't look like much because under the years of leaves and roots there was only dirt. Its really not even worth the effort to plant grass back there or make it look nice because we will be moving from here in a little over a year. I did by a nice big houseplant and started my own little herb garden and planted some chives, basil, cilantro, and parsley!! :)
Here is a picture of Corey and I making my herb garden
Hopefully it actually grows!

I also bought 3 pieces of blank canvas and drew and painted a nice design on them for the wall behind the TV. I figured it came out really nice and I probably saved a lot of money making it instead of buying art instead.

Here is before with only the drawings

And here is after when they are all painted and hung on the wall 

Not too bad huh? (they aren't really crooked its just the picture)

Tomorrow I will be waking up extra early to drive my mom and brother to the airport which is 2 hours away. We are going to have to leave by 6:30AM! I am going to be sleepy tomorrow. I am a little scared for them to go because I am going to be here all by myself all day until I get a job and Grant is only going to be getting busier and busier with flight school. I'm not that worried...I know I will be fine but its going to take a little getting used to. :)

Tonight we are going to Dothan to go see a movie or go bowling and then we are going to go out to dinner for a goodbye dinner and to celebrate Corey's birthday because I am going to be here on his birthday. I am looking forward to going out to do something fun tonight :)



No comments:

Post a Comment